Photo by Thirdman
This article will dig deep into God's Word and answer why prayer is essential. These seven reasons will show you and clarify the importance of prayer for believers.
Have you ever wondered why you should pray? Or why is it vital to your walk with God? Prayer is an integral part of the Christian life and a way to pour your hearts into God as His children. When you pray, you communicate with God; you worship God and let Him know what you would like.
Humanity is to pray all the time, not only when they need something from God. He is your Father, and your joy comes before Him in awe and tells Him how much you love and adore Him.
The Importance Of Prayer
Prayer is seen throughout Scripture. In the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), Jesus often hides away to pray; He even taught His disciples about prayer. Jesus wanted them to learn how to pray the right way. He knew the importance and power of prayer and wanted His disciples to know this.
God answers prayer (at times, it takes time), but that does not mean He has not responded. If people are patient, they will see the answers to their prayers.
Wendy Veronica Lisare's The Other Side Of Fear implied the importance of praying with power and authority. Through prayer, the author has discovered courage, joy, hope, freedom, and fulfillment as she embraces her authentic identity as a daughter of the King of kings.
Now, read more and look at the seven (7) reasons prayer is vital in a Christian's life.
Why Is Prayer Vital?
1. Prayer Is Vital Because It Provides Solutions. You pray when in trouble because you want God to intervene on your behalf. You want Him to give you a solution to your problem. Also, being children of God does not exempt humanity from trials and challenges in life, but through prayer, they can invite God to help them deal with them.
2. Prayer Is Important Because It Helps You Overcome Temptation. You are to pray and watch so that you will not fall into temptation because your spirit is willing, but your flesh is weak. Sometimes people get disappointed in themselves because of giving in to the temptation and doing things they are not proud of. They probably only sometimes remember that they can pray for themselves beforehand so that when temptation comes knocking, they can overcome it and avoid sin.
3. Prayer Is Important Because It is Obedience to God. When you pray, you obey God's command to pray for everything and everyone you can think about in your surroundings and worldwide. Prayer is part of your walk with God, enabling you to go before God with your needs and those of others. Sometimes others cannot pray for themselves, and your prayers give them the necessary breakthroughs.
4. Prayer Is Important Because You Communicate With God. When you pray to God, you communicate with Him, which is how you build your relationship with Him. Just like your earthly relationship. Communication is vital for the growth and health of a relationship.
5. Prayer Is Important Because You Gain Wisdom. You need God's wisdom to navigate the issues you face, especially those beyond the comprehension of the human mind. With God's divine wisdom, you can acquire spiritual insight into situations and know how to deal with them effectively. God imparts His wisdom to you when you ask and pray for it.
6. Prayer Is Vital Because It Changes Your Perspective. You often enter prayer with certain feelings and emotions towards a situation or person. Prayer can bring you into God's presence and change your perspective on those situations and people.
7. Prayer Is Vital Because It Allows You to Hear His Voice. Prayer is about communication, and that communication brings you closer to Him. This is how prayer works. It brings you closer to Jesus so you can hear Him more clearly. This does not mean you do all the talking the entire time in prayer, but you give Him room to speak in His presence.
People Need To Pray
Prayer is essential, and the above seven (7) reasons highlight this truth. To know the right way of praying, learn the principles of worship from the Word of God. You can be sure that God will always answer your prayers, and if there are any hindrances, you can identify them when you read the Scripture.
To have a vigorous walk with the Lord, prayer has to become an everyday practice for you so that you can always know His will for your life. When you pray, things change! edit.
Leave a Reply.